Communications Intern Spring 2015
The Texas Council seeks energetic, creative and committed applicants for a Spring 2015 internship in Communications.
The Texas Council of Community Centers is an association that represents the 39 Community Centers of Texas which develop, manage and provide community-based services across all 254 Texas counties, touching the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, serious mental illness and substance use disorders.
Reporting to the Communications Specialist, the intern will play a key role in strategic communications to support the goals and objectives of the Texas Council and its members.
Duties will include, but are not limited to: developing and editing internal/external communications, developing/writing web content, legislative research, survey development and implementation, supporting event coordination and marketing.
- Hours: 12 – 15 per week. Intern will earn $12/per hour
- Internship period January – May 2015.
- Develop/pitch ideas for social media communications and online audience engagement
- Promote the Texas Council and its members to the public and other stakeholders
- Develop/pitch ideas for innovative marketing strategies to promote the Texas Council annual statewide conference
- Develop creative website content, member communications and legislative updates
- Updating Texas Council website and social media
- Complete administrative tasks as needed
- Assist as needed with special events, including pre-event research, on-site support, and audio visual support
In addition to communications, the intern will be immersed in current public policy issues related to health care services for people with serious mental illness, substance use disorders and intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Ideal candidates are students pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in communications, public affairs, health communications, public policy, public health, government and related fields.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, please submit the following to Karen Justice, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7, 2014:
- Three (3) references
- Cover letter including answers to the following questions:
Why are you interested in interning at the Texas Council of Community Centers?
What do you hope to contribute to the Texas Council as an intern?
- Any additional supporting materials that showcase strengths in: writing, social media, marketing/public relations, and strategic communications. (Optional)